About Education Aid
Education Aid assists economically disadvantaged students with paying for non-tuition related expenses associated with their academic endeavors. This type of financial support makes it possible for students to focus on their education and earn their degrees. Education Aid is a not-for-profit organizations with 501(c) 3 status. Contributions are eligible as charitable deductions to a public charity.
Types of Student Expenses
- Textbooks: Students will be given gift certificates to bookstores or direct payments will be made to the students’ credit cards for textbook purchases.
- Subsidies for Rent: Rent subsidies will be paid directly to the students’ landlords each month.
- Utilities: Contributions towards students’ utility bills will be made directly to the utility companies each month.
- Food: Students will receive gift certificates to local supermarkets and restaurants. Contributions towards meal plans will be made directly to the school.
- School Supplies: Students will receive gift certificates to local bookstores and office supply stores. In addition, any donated items like computers will be distributed among support recipients.
- Childcare: Students with children will have payments made directly to their daycare providers and receive gift certificates to children’s stores and supermarkets.
- Travel: Students will receive passes to their local transportation systems, such as buses or subways.